Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bliss Is A Little Like This

At last all three of my daughters are living in the same town and there no arguments, no hassles and no fights!

…Ok, so that bits a lie! Girls will be girls and there are the usual problems but all things being equal it is a pretty good situation just now.
We try to picnic and BBQ quite a bit to get everyone together and get the grandkids familiar with each other…(the bludgeoning seems to have stopped for now) and more than anything else a BBQ at the beach means not much cleaning up to be done.

Why would that be important?
Well! Three daughters mean three sons-in-law and eight and a half kids. (number nine is due in two weeks)

A new feeling seems to be taking over me lately, as I watch the kids playing and the daughters catching up on the latest chit-chat a feeling of pride swells within me and at last I understand why generations have done all this hard work before us.

Son-in-law Stan and I were watching the other thirteen or so swimming and he made the comment that this was my legacy to the world… It is just what I was thinking! (…although he was laughing about it)
This small group of happy healthy kids, their parents and partners are my gift to the world and it is all good…enjoy!

No comments: