Thursday, January 5, 2012

This year I'm going to change the world! (maybe!)






As usual I am starting the new year by solving the great problems of mankind...or rather I'm pondering the great questions that have plagued mankind for the last twelve months in an effort to make a buck, get famous, help my fellow man (out of the goodness of my heart)

Ponder with me if you will:

Why do we wait till a pig is dead before we cure it?

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

How can someone draw a blank?

How did a fool and his money get together in the first place?

Why is the third hand on a watch called the second hand?

If space is a vacuum, who changes the bags?

If a word in the dictionary was misspelled, how would we know?

Why don't people in Australia call the rest of the world `up over'?

I actually know the answer to that last one.. We are not 'down under', we are in the middle and the rest of the world (ie:YOU) are in the weird place...

5 comments:

Magsx2 said...

Hi Tempo,
They are great.
I would have to say I really liked
"How can someone draw a blank?"
"Why don't people in Australia call the rest of the world `up over'?"

Pearl said...

Actually, I believe Minnesota IS "up over"!

:-)

Pearl

Windsmoke. said...

I reckon the third hand is called the second hand because it moves every second. Instead of drawing boards they went back to the cave wall. A fool and his money got together by sheer luck then got parted by bad luck :-).

Belle said...

The looking for food thing is very true for me sometimes. Love the insanity pic. Love your list of problem solving. George Bush was a fool and had money. Check into that!

Tempo said...

Hi Mags, I was feeling philosophical that day...The madness of Christmas makes me think.
(makes me think it might be nice to be a hermit)

Hey Pearl, When I look at my Globe I notice you are just about on the exact other side of the Globe from here, maybe you could be the 'Flip Side' or 'Up Over and Round a Bit..'

Hi Windsmoke...Whoa there mate!...you're doing all the work for me there...leave me something to take up the rest of the year.

Hi Belle, As a bachelor I dont shop until I run out of food completely so every week is pretty much like that first funny.
Thankfully I didnt get to see much of George Bush here, just the little things on the news...I'm guessing he either married a rich woman or Daddy had a heap of money.